A Hollywood smile is a signature of glamour and success, and (whether you want to admit it or not) we all want to have it. Celebrities like Julia Roberts, Zac Efron, and Chrissy Teigen have the perfect smile that has inspired many of us to follow their lead.
So, what is their secret?
As a dentist in Los Angeles, we’re no strangers to treating A-Listers every now and then. So we know exactly what they want for their smile, and we put together a plan to achieve it!
So today, we’re dishing out the top five Hollywood secrets to achieving a head-turning smile!
How To Achieve the Perfect Smile: Top 5 Hollywood Secrets
“They look like that because they have money.“
We’ve all heard something like this before. But the truth is, you don’t need to have the bank account of a Hollywood star to make it happen. With a few tips and tricks, you can transform your smile into one that will light up any room.
And the good news is that there are at-home solutions and professional options that are on a sliding scale. As we bust each secret, we’ll give you options on how you can get that Hollywood smile based on your personal budget!
Secret #1: Take Care of Your Gums
Celebrities like Beyoncé and Ryan Gosling are known for their healthy, pink gums that make their teeth stand out. They’ve been taught that healthy gums are the foundation of a perfect smile.
Taking care of your gums is easy if you have an oral hygiene routine. Brushing and flossing regularly and scheduling regular dental checkups (which are free with dental insurance) can help you avoid things like receding gumlines and cracked or rotten teeth.
- Budget-Friendly Option: Have an at-home routine. If you’re already experiencing tooth decay or gum disease, take advantage of your free bi-annual dentist appointment. Here are some affordable dental insurance plans.
- A-List Option: A bi-annual cleaning is all you need if you have good oral health. If you have receding gumlines, consider a gum graft surgery.
Secret #2: Get Professional Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening is a game-changer for those who want a brighter smile. It can be done in-office or at home, and the results are long-lasting.
Celebrities like Jennifer Aniston and George Clooney are known for their pearly whites, and it’s no secret that they’ve had professional teeth whitening.
- Budget-Friendly Option: Use ADA-approved at-home teeth whitening toothpaste and a good toothbrush. Make sure to floss properly and use mouthwash for optimal results. Your bi-annual dentist visits will also ensure that you don’t miss any plaque that can turn into discoloration.
- A-List Option: Get a Zoom teeth whitening treatment!
Secret #3: Straighten Your Teeth with Invisalign
A straight, even smile is another hallmark of a Hollywood smile. And thanks to Invisalign, you don’t have to be embarrassed by traditional metal braces to straighten your teeth.
Invisalign is a clear aligner that can give you a perfect smile in as little as six months!
Celebrities like Justin Bieber and Billie Eilish have opted for this discreet option to straighten their teeth, and you can, too.
- Budget-Friendly Option: Invisalign is not typically covered under insurance because it’s considered a cosmetic procedure. However, talk to your dentist to see if they can find a medical reason you need to straighten your teeth. For example, overcrowded teeth can result in more plaque buildup, which can lead to oral health problems such as tooth decay.
- A-List Option: If you want a fast and truly invisible solution to correct your smile, try lingual braces! These are braces that some patients can get behind their teeth for nearly invisible alignment. Learn more about them here.
Secret #4: Use Veneers for a Perfect Smile
Veneers have become increasingly popular in recent years. They are thin, custom-made shells that are placed on top of your existing teeth to create a perfect smile. Veneers can correct a range of imperfections, from chipped teeth to gaps.
Celebrities like Tom Cruise and Miley Cyrus have used veneers to transform their teeth and get the perfect smile.
If you want to get veneers, make sure to find a reputable Hollywood smile dentist!
- Budget-Friendly Option: Ask for composite veneers.
- A-List Option: Ask for porcelain veneers.
Secret #5: Practice Your Smile
Finally, the key to a perfect smile is confidence. Practice your smile in the mirror, and don’t be afraid to show it off.
A bright, genuine smile will always be in style!
Now that you know the top five Hollywood secrets to achieve the perfect smile, it’s time to put them into practice.
With the help of Invisalign, professional teeth whitening, veneers, healthy gums, and avoiding staining foods and drinks, you can achieve the Hollywood smile you’ve always dreamed of.